When a trend becomes an undeniably impactful method of reaching an audience, it only makes sense to do as others do. Video as a key part of a content marketing strategy is a strong example of a trend that has become a go-to method of turning heads, as 95% of marketers say they’re using video to their advantage today.
Why video? The simple answer is that humans are highly visual creatures. In fact, people spend up to 16 hours a week watching online video, according to a survey by Wyzowl, a company that specializes in animated video marketing. Some other interesting facts from the survey:
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool
- 92% of marketers say video is an important part of their strategy
- 87% of marketers say video has helped to increase website traffic
- 95% of marketers say video helps users understand their products
- 84% of marketers say video helps generate leads
Some of your audience will still prefer text over video, which means using a multi-pronged approach to outreach is smart, but keep in mind that nearly 75% of consumers say they don’t have time to do their product research by reading and prefer to watch videos lasting up to 20 minutes in length (20 minutes being the exception – usually, the shorter the better).
Buy Cycle Assistance
Brand awareness is certainly impacted when you utilize video in your content marketing, but this medium is also highly effective in speeding the buy cycle along, leading to faster sales.
According to Wyzowl’s survey, 84% of people said when they watched a video, it was influential in helping them make a decision to purchase a product/solution. Furthermore, if you’re looking to generate more leads, consider that 74% of people who watched videos were influenced enough by it to download an app or software solution.
What Makes a Good Video?
Video marketing is unique to your business and target audience but there are some best practices to consider as you approach building your strategy:
- Focus on a story rather than sales alone
- Keep it short – around two minutes (“Explainer” or “how to” videos can be much longer)
- Build content around the buyer’s journey
- Make it clear early what the video is about
- Optimize for conversion
- Distribute to the right channels
While you know video is important, creating influential video might not be something you can achieve in-house. That’s where SJC Marketing steps in to help. Let’s start the conversation about how we can produce video that will assist in bolstering your brand, generate leads, make conversions and boost sales.