Ninety-five percent of B2B buyers say they use videos to help inform them before making a purchase.
According to a study titled “B2B Video Marketing: The Power of Video in the B2B Buyer’s Journey,” 70% of B2B buyers say video is more useful to them than in-depth reports, webinars, infographics or white papers for creating awareness of business challenges. Furthermore, 93% say video also helps them to establish trust in a brand.
The Power of Video
Developing brand loyalty is an important part of an effective B2B marketing strategy. This can be encouraged in your audience in a number of ways, including learning more about the company and its offerings through white papers, social media posts and especially through video.
Video is powerful because it is a high-impact medium. It pulls the viewer in more effectively than text alone, offering a visual experience that, if done well, also connects with the audience at an emotional level.
The most effective video formats depend on the topic being covered and the needs of the target audience. For example, when a topic is complex and the target audience will need assistance gaining an understanding of it, tutorial and training videos or educational videos bring the most value. Other effective formats you may want to consider:
- Webinars: When a variety of topics need to be covered over a length of time, webinar videos are a highly effective way to educate and inform
- Brand Story Videos: If you are introducing yourself to a new audience, brand story videos can break the ice and ensure your brand identity is being shared well
- Thought Leadership: You’re an expert in your industry, so let others in on your knowledge, discussing a trending topic or controversial issue
- Product Demos: Introducing a new product? Have one or more of your team members capture the unboxing and demonstrate exactly how it works
- Customer Testimonials: Few things are as convincing as an actual customer sharing their positive experiences with your product or service
There are so many types of videos you can make, so it’s important to begin by determining the goals you are trying to achieve with your video and match the format to that goal. For instance, if you are introducing a new product and running a promotion, you may be creating an unboxing and product demo video in order to boost sales of that new product.
From identifying the needs of your target audience to building a script to producing the video, SJC Marketing is the one-stop shop for all your marketing needs. Contact us and let’s discuss your next campaign.