It’s the holiday season (yay!) and everyone’s buzzing with gift lists and holiday party plans.
That’s why the Shop St. Joseph Holiday Program is in full swing from November 15th to December 18th. It’s a special shopping event designed by the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce to encourage everyone to shop local and give every neighbor a boost this season.
For one St. Joe shopper, it will bump up their holiday budget by $10,000.
How it Works: Every time you spend $10 with a local business, you’ll receive a ticket, and for each $10 more you spend, you’ll receive an additional ticket. All of the tickets are then entered into a drawing for $10,000.
More Prizes: This year, you have more opportunities to win. There is the grand prize of $10,000, but you can also win a Shop Small Business Bonus worth $2,500. There are also second-chance prizes to add to the excitement.
Shopping Local Benefits Everyone! Shopping at a small business owned by someone right in your community doesn’t just help the local company. It brings benefits to everyone:
- It keeps dollars in the local economy.
- It ensures there are enough jobs in your community—did you know that small businesses employ more than 47% of the workforce?
- It provides you with options for where you spend your money.
- It often has environmental benefits, reducing the distance that products travel.
- It offers better service.
- It supports the American Dream.
Just imagine the scene: strolling with a group of friends as you sip hot cocoa from a St. Joseph coffee shop, choosing unique gifts for each person on your list. And when you don’t know what they might like best, choose a gift card!
Your happiest holiday begins right here in St. Joseph. Support a local business and while you’re at it, you might as well win $10,000!