By the Numbers: 8 Insights From Digital Marketing Conference
Record-breaking crowds swelled on Broadway to get a glimpse of YouTube celebrities or a sneak peek at innovative original content. Tech savvy marketers crossed media boundaries from social to mobile and from screen to screen, attesting to digital marketing’s extraordinary reach. Let’s look at the numbers:
- The mobile revolution is complete. Smartphones account for more than half of searches in ten countries—including the U.S. and Japan, according to Google.
- Video is king. Content giant Collective Digital Studios said it had 5 billion video views throughout its 1,000 channels last month.
- Brands partnered with entertainment score big. Amobee Brand Intelligence analyzed digital consumption around the new Avengers movie. Gillette is performing the best, Amobee learned, thanks to a superhero-themed ad. The brand’s online impressions jumped 1,074 percent due to the Avengers’
- Short and sweet. Innerscope Research studied behavior of a sample of viewers aged 18 to 34 to measure responses to video ads on Facebook vs. television. The Boston-based researcher discovered Facebook viewers were 2.5 times more likely to look away from video ads compared to TV.
- Make your message seen. Google foundthat YouTube video ads are viewable 91 percent of the time. Choosing the right platform is vital to viewability – not all sites and screens are created equal.
- Digital marketing’s double-digit growth. The Interactive Advertising Bureau recently worked with researcher GfK to survey 1,900 consumers and found that digital video consumption is up 13 percentsince last year.
- Fan-bases rule. Reality TV and music-based programming generate 91 million social signals a month, according to tech company ShareThis.
- Quality of life. Lifestyle publisher HealthiNation’svideos average more than 1 million views per day.
What do these staggering numbers mean to you? The primary need for a brand is to better understand how viewers consume and interact with digital marketing. This requires a deep knowledge base of consumer behavior as well as creative content. Let SJC Marketing help you figure out what works and why to move toward success for your brand.